- This event has passed.
Elevated Education: Cannabis 101 @ Dockside Shoreline
March 20, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This class offers an introduction to the cannabis plant! Taught by Lisa B from Dockside Cannabis, a veteran budtender and state-certified Medical Marijuana Consultant. Dockside Cannabis is the longest-operating medically endorsed cannabis retailer in Washington state, with four locations serving King County and the greater Seattle area.
This class is ninety minutes long, including a half-hour devoted to question & answer. Some of the many components of cannabis will be explained, and the answers to several common questions will be illuminated.
Topics covered in each class include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- What do THC and CBD stand for, and what is the difference?
- What are terpenes?
- What are the different ways you can consume cannabis?
- What is the difference between all the methods of consumption?
- Which products are likely to elicit a “high” vs which are non-psychoactive but still deliver benefits?
- How do you read a label?
- How do you know what to look for, and what kind of questions should you ask when shopping for cannabis?
- What are the basic laws around cannabis use in Washington?
We’ll also discuss the endocannabinoid system during this class. This is a network of receptors found in all animals (vertebrate and invertebrate) which affects some of the most basic life functions – including sleep, memory, appetite, and pain sensation!
Lastly, we go over why there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to cannabis, and how important it is to find what works best for you!
Class sizes are limited. To reserve your spot, RSVP to Katie@docksidecannabis.com.