Just like our brick and mortar stores, Dockside Cannabis is dedicated to making our website accessible to all users. Our main website and menus may be viewed on a variety of devices including laptops, tablets and web-enabled mobile.
We are actively working to increase accessibility and useability of our existing website pages and content. In doing so, we make our best efforts to adhere to requirements outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to ensure any of the updates, or new things we add to our website are technically and functionally usable by everyone.
What we have done:
- Worked with our menu provider to ensure the area that receives over half of our trafﬁc was put at the top of the list for accessibility enhancements
- Currently our menus are scoring 98/100 on Google’s accessibility tool, Lighthouse
- Developed accessible buttons/links throughout the online store
- All menu items have full alt-text propagation
- Added an accessibility tool to our site designed by userway.org. It can be used by clicking on the circular person icon in the upper right hand corner of and page on our main site.
What we will continue to do:
- Make improvements per WCAG guidelines, such as increasing font size and color contrast
- Add alt-text to any images that are missing it
- Label webpages with clear and descriptive titles to help users quickly understand the content
- Check in with our two web partners (developer and menu provider) on a quarterly basis to ensure we are as up-to-date as possible
- Keep any new rollouts within WCAG guidelines
What to do if you are having issues:
- Should you have difﬁculty navigating our site, discover any content or areas you deem not accessible please reach out to us as we greatly value your questions and feedback
- Please provide your name, phone number, email address, the date you encountered a problem and the web page or error message you received
- firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Web Accessibility
- Phone number: 844-362-5420
- We will respond within ﬁve business days
Updated Spring 2022