We understand that navigating the regulations of medical cannabis can be confusing, and at Dockside we’re here to help! Here are some answers to common questions we hear from patients, as well as resources for further research and information.
What benefits do I get from having a medical cannabis authorization?
WA medical cannabis recognition cards entitle patients to:
- Sales tax removal from cannabis purchases
- Access to higher legal purchase limits (3x recreational purchase limits. See more info here)
- Grow cannabis plants for personal medicinal use in their home
Does Dockside offer any other incentives for medical patients?
- A 10% discount to all medical patients (in addition to the removal of state sales tax)
- 1-on-1 appointments with our certified medical consultants are available
Do you accept medical cards/authorizations from other states?
Legally, we are only allowed to accept medical cards from WA state. However, everyone 21+ is welcome to shop at any of our stores! Just bring a valid ID, and our staff will be happy to help to the best of our ability.
I have my medical authorization from a doctor. How do I get access to discounts at your stores?
Bring your authorization form (reminder that only this type of form, printed on tamper-proof paper, is accepted) to one of our three stores that offer medical recognition card creation and product consultations (SODO, Ballard, and Shoreline) along with a valid form of ID. We will enter you into the state MMJ database and print a recognition card for you – this card is what enables you to access discounts. This process usually takes 15-30 minutes & includes a one-on-one conversation with one of our certified medical consultants*. For medical patients being entered into the database for the first time or having their recognition card renewed, there is a $20 fee for the consultation; however, this fee is waived with a purchase of $20 or more at the store the day your recognition card is created. We also offer additional 30-minute consultations, FREE of charge, for returning patients.
* Appointments are recommended in order to guarantee there is a state-certified Medical Marijuana Consultant (MMC) available when you arrive. Not all members of our staff are certified. Please call 1-844-DOCK-420 to schedule a consultation.
I’m interested in a medical outreach opportunity. Who do I contact?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with as much information as possible regarding what you’d like to set up. We are flexible and willing to travel or host groups at one of our stores! We look forward to hearing from you.