At Dockside Cannabis, the health and well-being of our customers, employees and vendors is our top priority. Your safety continues to be our focus as we manage our response to the COVID-19 coronavirus that has escalated globally. We want to reassure you that we are taking many additional steps to sanitize our stores.
We will continue to monitor the situation daily. As Washington State continues to roll out new recommendations and protocols, we will communicate any changes that may affect our customers.
Updates as of 3/23/20:
Please note we have new temporary hours at all locations:
Shoreline, Ballard, & SODO | every day 9am-9pm
85th & Aurora (Green Lake) | every day 11am -8pm
Also, for your safety:
- Consultations are limited to 5 minutes
- Browsing is prohibited at this time
- Please maintain a distance of 6′ between yourself, other customers, and staff
- Please place an online order to help minimize your time spent inside the store
Medical patient pick-up at Dockside:
Dockside grew out of a medical dispensary, and during this COVID-19 crisis, serving our patients is at the forefront of our minds. The LCB recently made an allowance for a Medical Patient Pick Up option, which we would like to offer to any authorized Medical Patient who is immuno-compromised, in a high-risk group, or who has mobility issues. The LCB calls this “curbside pickup,” which means we can ensure you have a low-risk option for quickly picking up your medicine.
Available Pickup hours: Tu-Sa 11a-4p, but must be pre-scheduled.
If you meet the criteria described above, here are the steps to take :
- Place an online order, or call our store if you need help placing your order.
https://www.docksidecannabis.com/locations-menus/1-844-362-5420 (Select 1 for SODO, 2 for Shoreline, 3 for Ballard)Note: this service is not available at our Green Lake location at 85th & Aurora
- Calling ahead ensures a low-risk option as it allows us to plan for your arrival. Otherwise, we will not be able to guarantee this option.
- Our staff will take care of the authorization process prior to your arrival after you supply your medical card number via phone.
- Please let them know if you have severe mobility issues so that we can make special agreements to meet you at your car. Otherwise, pickup will happen on the sidewalk outside the store, in view of our security cameras, in order to ensure safety and compliance.
- Bring your valid ID, medical card and cash with you.
- Please call the store upon your arrival so we may greet you.
We appreciate your patience as we implement many new processes to ensure our stores are safe and accessible.
Updates as of 3/16/20:
- Strict social distancing – Social distancing is defined as a conscious effort to reduce close contact between people and stymie community transmission of a virus.
- Customer capacity will be limited at each store to ensure 6’ distance during their entire experience. Capacity estimates to be less than 10 people (varies by store location and layout)
- The goal is to provide a customer experience where the only shared item handled is the products in the bag. (Which could be quarantined by the customer for 12 hours if they wish).
- A greeter will be stationed outside each location to ensure:
- The door is opened and closed so that no customers touch the handle
- IDs are checked (visually only. If possible, IDs won’t be touched)
- Customers will be informed of the process by which they wait, get help, and check out
Please anticipate an increase in wait times as we manage in-store capacity and social distancing.
Thanks for shopping with Dockside.
Dockside implemented the following precautions at all locations:
- Hourly sanitizing of all high touch surfaces with initialed checklists to confirm, including the ATM keypad, door handles, counters and displays, etc.
- We are well stocked with gloves, sanitizer and disinfectant. We provide hand sanitizer for all customers and staff throughout the store.
- Frequent communication to store teams with updated protocols, continued support and news from management.
- Flexibility in our PTO policy to ensure employees can stay home if they are experiencing symptoms or have had exposure to someone who has tested positive.
- Communicating state-provided resources to staff.
- Employee safety procedures implemented:
- Hands washed at minimum once per hour
- Personal cell phones sanitized twice per day
- Abstain from touching your face
- No handshaking or unnecessary touching of customers or staff
- No sharing of food, drinks, or other items
- Cough or sneeze into elbows, vs. hands or the air
- Hands sanitized after touching money, or use gloves
- Keep space between others when possible (“social distancing,” 6 feet or more is ideal)
- Customer’s ID’s will only be handled if necessary and hands washed after contact with the card
If you would like a “minimal contact” customer experience, please place your order on-line and feel free to wait outside if there are too many customers waiting to provide you with comfortable social distancing. If you are over 30 years old, you may show your ID without having a budtender touch it. Bring exact change.
Thank you for your continued loyalty during this difficult time.
We will continue to do our part to protect our customers and community.