This is a simple preparation of cannabis-infused healing body oil with the addition of other time tested skin-nourishing herbs. All of the non-cannabis ingredients can be purchased online or in your local herb shop. We got everything from our favorite one-stop-shop bulk herb store on 15th ave, Rainbow Natural Remedies. They carry difficult to find ingredients that can be purchased by weight in any quantity so you won’t be stuck with bags of leftover herbs you aren’t sure what else to do with. This recipe will use a crockpot for infusion, which is also a great method for infusing olive oil on its own!
Yield: 2 cups
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 2 cups olive oil
- 7 grams cannabis
- 7 grams each:
Calendula flower – promotes cellular regeneration and commonly used to soothe skin irritations.
Plantain leaf – rich in allantoin. Plantain is commonly used to relieve itchy flaky skin.
Horsetail – rich in anti-oxidants and minerals, horsetail is commonly used in skincare recipes to promote cellular regeneration and skin healing, while reducing inflammation
Rosemary leaf – promotes blood circulation, which is essential for healthy skin
- 32oz ball jar
- Tongs and a few oven mitts or dish towels to protect your hands from heat
- A scale to measure out your ingredients- unless you purchase exact quantities.
- Cheese Cloth
- A container to strain your oil into
1. Add the oil, herbs, and cannabis to the ball jar and screw the lid on tightly and place lengthwise in the crockpot
2. Add enough water to the pot to cover the jar, and turn the crockpot to low.
3. Remove the jar from the water using oven mitts and gently shake it every 45-60 minutes. You can release a little heat by temporarily loosening the lid.
4. After 6-8 hours, your Chronic Healing oil is infused! When it’s cool enough to handle, line your strainer with 4 layers of cheesecloth.
5. Place the strainer over a bowl or other container and pour the oil through, leaving the plant matter behind. Be sure to gather up the corners of the cheesecloth and give you plant matter a few squeezes to get any last oil out before calling it good.
You can use your chronic oil on your beard, as an after-shower body moisturizer, a massage oil, an eye-makeup remover, or soothing facial oil!