As the gray Seattle winter chill sets in, what better way to warm up than with a cozy mug of hot cocoa infused with only the tastiest hash-infused chocolate? Imagine yourself now, indulging in a warm cup of rich, velvety chocolate infused with the subtle notes of kona coffee, coconut, honeycomb toffee or s’mores. With Gold Leaf’s 4.20 hash chocolate bars, you’re in for a delightful, customizable treat!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- One 10mg Gold Leaf 4.20 chocolate bar (flavors we love: dark chocolate & coconut, milk chocolate & honeycomb toffee, milk chocolate & s’mores, and kona coffee)
- Cup of hot water or milk of your choosing
- Hot chocolate mix (like Swissmiss) or a cup of coffee if you’d rather a mocha!
- Optional: marshmallows, cinnamon and toppings of your choice
- Begin by determining your desired dosage. Gold Leaf chocolates are 10mg a bar.*
- Break the chocolate into smaller pieces for easy melting. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt it using a double boiler or the microwave (in 10 second intervals, stirring in between). Be cautious not to overheat, as it can affect the potency of the cannabis.
- Once melted, stir the cannabis-infused chocolate into your favorite hot chocolate mix. Add your mixture to a cup of steaming milk or water. This step is where the magic happens, the hash-infused chocolate imparts its unique flavor profile to the drink.
- Elevate your hot chocolate experience by adding your favorite toppings. Whether it’s whipped cream, marshmallows, or a sprinkle of cinnamon, the possibilities are endless.
- Sip and Savor: Finally, kick back, relax, and savor the fruits, er, sweets of your labor.
Not only does this DIY infused hot chocolate provide a warm, comforting moment, but it also allows for a customizable and controlled cannabis experience. Not a fan of chocolate? Checkout our DIY infused apple cider recipe! It’s the perfect way to unwind after a long day or to share with friends during a cozy winter gathering.
*Consume responsibly and be aware of your own tolerance levels. If you’re new to edibles, start with a lower dosage (half a chocolate bar or 2.5mg – 5mg) and give yourself ample time to feel the effects before considering more.