This recipe is perfect for those who want all the powers of the chronic healing oil, but prefer a more solid product. The addition of beeswax makes the oil firm enough that it can be taken on the go or used as a massage bar.
Yield: About 8 oz
Prep Time: 10 mins (assuming you’ve already got a batch of chronic healing oil prepared)
Cook Time: 3-7 mins, or until everything is melted
- 2-5 tbsp Beeswax Pearls
- 1 cup Chronic Healing Oil
- Cold spoon (pop in the fridge)
- Double Boiler
- a couple of 4oz mason jars, some salve containers, or any recycled container of your choice that can withstand some heat
1. Add water to your double boiler and put it over low heat.
2. Add your Chronic Healing Oil and beeswax to the top portion.
3. Once the ingredients have melted together, get your cold spoon out of the fridge and dip it into the mixture. The cold spoon will give you an idea of what the finished consistency of the salve will turn out like. If it is too hard, add some additional oil. If it is too soft, add some extra beeswax (we ended up using 4 tbsp for ours).
4. Once you are happy with the consistency, transfer into jars or tins to cool.
If you liked this recipe, check out our magic brownie lip balm or wake ‘n bake face scrub.